Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Takes my Breath Away!

That's how I felt when I walked out the door of the conference center at Sagebrush Inn in Taos, one April evening. Gasp! The moon was barely hovering above the sunset, only a fingernail showing. The sky was a real Tequila Sunrise (sunset!) of orange, pink and gold, with a smoky-red smudge just below the clouds, from forest fires to the west. Above the clouds, the stars were beginning to pop out. Wow. Absolutely breathtaking.

Anyone who paints would have been compelled to paint that. I couldn't help myself. I returned to my room, got out paints and did my best to commit the scene to paper.


The breathtaking skies of New Mexico have been, and continue to be, a source of inspiration for me. I never tire of watching them change throughout the day and into the evenings. Gorgeous night skies are just as compelling as the sunrises and sunsets. When it comes to BIG SKY COUNTRY, Montana's got nothin' on us!

Inspiration:  New Mexico sunset. Need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment