Saturday, February 21, 2015

Chromotherapy!

"Chromotherapy" is a type of light therapy that hasn't (yet?) been accepted as a science. Proponents say that chromotherapy can balance energies in the body and therefore cure disease. I remember reading about it in a Robert Heinlein book more than 50 years ago...it was fascinating then and I was intrigued. It's still fascinating - the idea of chakras, or energy centers along the spine, makes sense to me today and I am still tickled, charged up, shaken by color in my environment.

Pink and red are notorious shaker-uppers. When the pink prickly pear and claret cup cactus in my yard bloomed at the same time, I was thrilled! Had to paint it!

Pink and Red...

The painting isn't finished - there are problems remaining that need to be resolved (prickly pear pads that look as though they are soft and fluffy, flowers that are blobs instead of blooms, etc.), but just looking at those pinks and reds next to each other transports me right back to the morning I sat in the dirt and painted this with a giant brush, inhaling the desert air and the bird song around me. How's THAT for inspiration?

1 comment: