Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Best Friends

Cats have always been my best friends. I find them to be God's most beautiful creations. If they choose to love you, you have been blessed. Lots of emotion for me there, so there's lots of inspiration.

Here's Bobbie (actually Robert Harley). He's a funny little guy, walking along talking to himself. He never met a stranger, is sweet and loving and amusing.

"Bobbie"
The painting was created by painting random transparent colors on a quarter sheet, then brushing on white tempera, drying, and drizzling on black acrylic ink. After the ink was dry, I washed the sheet in the bathtub, brushing away most of the tempera and much of the ink. The cat was painted with alizarin crimson+indanthrone blue+quin burnt orange. (I don't own any black paint!)

No comments:

Post a Comment