Saturday, April 18, 2020

Golden Inspiration

Could there be anything more inspirational than flowers? Not for me. And the most "golden" of all might be yellow roses, my fave. Right after we moved into town, September of 2014, my friend Nancy and her husband Fred came for a visit. Nancy brought me a "yard warming" gift, a yellow rose bush!

That rose bush grew and prospered (unlike the dozens of others I have unintentionally killed over the years). Today, it is covered with blooms:


A couple of years ago I attempted a painting of my yellow roses, cut, in a pitcher given to me by another friend, Gail.  Here it is:


Not my best work, probably, but wow did I enjoy painting those roses! I used a lot of nickel azo yellow, quin coral and too much indanthrone blue. Maybe it's time to try that again...


No comments:

Post a Comment