Friday, July 4, 2014

Owl-inspiration

Last post, I mentioned a night when I heard owls. It was an October night in northern California. An un-seasonably hot October meant my sister and I had the windows of our resort room wide open for some cool night air. About 2:00 a.m., I awoke to the sound of owls calling each other. I jumped out of bed and went to the window to look. I could hear but not see any owls. What I did see was an inky-dark sky, peppered with a million sparkling stars. The tall pines were silhouetted against the dark sky. The pine and eucalyptus scented air was absolutely magical. An unforgettable experience.

"Magical Night Owls,"  24" X 14" watercolor collage mounted on cradled board.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! It must have been difficult to portray such realistic owls using watercolors. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete