Monday, April 9, 2012

Synergy in the Universe

You know how when you start thinking about a subject, you start seeing it everywhere? Some people say it's the universe, feeding you what you asked for. I think I believe it's more a matter of noticing things that were already there, but you have become sensitized to them.

Yesterday I watched a TED segment featuring Amy Tan, speaking about...guess what...creativity.  Because she is one of my favorite contemporary writers, I was really curious to hear what she would have to say about creativity.  Not so surprisingly, she didn't have a simple explanation of it. She offered some ideas:
  • Looking for connections and explanations
  • Questioning
  • Getting help from the universe
When I thought about her explanations and compared them to my own ideas, I felt the resonance. The first two ideas seem to be about examination and introspection. The third seems to be a possible source of answers to the examination and instrospection. Of course, to receive any help from the universe, the questioner has to be open to receive help...

Two Souls, One Heart
When I thought about all this a bit longer, I realized that I'm happiest with my work when I can get into a place where it just flows. Maybe I am able to let the colors or a central image or the music in the background lead me through.

So maybe THAT'S the challenge...learning how to go with the flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment