Thursday, May 4, 2023

Serendipity, Again

It's amazing where inspiration can come from. Sometimes you're looking for it. Sometimes it finds you!

This painting happened almost by accident. In a mini collage workshop a couple of months ago, I was explaining about the importance of backgrounds, how we need value change, a place for the eye to rest, blah, blah, blah. I picked up this vibrantly colored POP and said, "....for instance, THIS ONE wouldn't work. It's too wild!" Then I plopped on top a pot I'd painted for some other painting, the pot I'd nearly discarded. 

ZZZZZZZAP! Magic happened and I almost missed it. The background and the pot were made for each other! Then I saw a student's painting of tall cactus in a pot. Hmmm, I thought. Hmmmm. More made for each other stuff.

Cactus Cousins
Is there a lesson here? Yes! Watch what you're doing! Don't let the magic stuff get by without you! Magic happens! You just have to recognize it and appreciate it.


No comments:

Post a Comment