Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Birds...Again

Surprise! Birds....again! I am endlessly inspired by these creatures. Their plumage -- bright or subdued, their songs -- musical or raspy, everything about birds is so intriguing. 


Several years ago, my husband and I took a "Ghost Town Tour," visiting a number of ghost towns throughout New Mexico. One was Mogollon, in the far western part of the state, a forested and unspoiled area. While walking through a wooded area, I noticed a flash of red.  Had to get out my bird book to identify the little guy: a Painted Redstart. Wow! what a brilliant red! 

I decided to place the birdies on top of a blues-greens quilt background, simulating light-through-the-trees and leaf movement.  Gorgeous little guys - I hope I get to see them again.

"Painted Redstarts"

1 comment:

  1. This is such a sweet cpainting. One of my favorites of your collages.

    ReplyDelete