Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Analogous Love..


Well, color always does it for me. The brighter the color, the bigger the charge I get. And if the color combo is unexpected, that's the biggest charge of all. Take a look at these cousins, a claret cup, or hedgehog cactus and its first cousin, a strawberry hedgehog, growing right together. Evidently they like the same kind of soil!

The pink ones are strawberry hedgehog, and the red are claret cup or hedgehog cactus

Here's my first little sketch, just a quickie on a 5X7 piece of paper. I used dark colors to pop out the brights. Although I think the brights are good, I don't like the character the dark lends, so decided to do it again.
"Pink and Red," version 1

And try #2 - I zoomed in and used lighter, sunnier colors. I think this one looks much warmer and more feminine. Adding the sticks was a good idea for the texture. I may want to keep trying...
"Pink and Red," version 2

No comments:

Post a Comment