Monday, July 21, 2014

One Thing Leads to Another...

Painting is a lot like plumbing in one way...one thing often leads to another. Or maybe it's more like a brainstorming session. New ideas spin off old ones. Looking through my resource materials for photos of ravens (of course!), I found photos of cactus wrens. We have lots of them around here, chirping, buzzing, scolding and generally making their presence known. So they are a constant source of amusement and delight.  AND earlier in the week I had looked through my photos of cacti in bloom and found one of strawberry hedgehogs that I took when we visited Big Bend a few years ago.  Something went click when I found the pictures of wrens:  a quilt block design called "Jewel Box" seemed to make everything fall into place. 

Here's "Jewel Box Wrens," 14" X 14" watercolor collage on cradled panel.



Jewel Box Wrens

No comments:

Post a Comment